Uji Daya Hambat Ekstrak Etanol Batang Saluang Belum terhadap Bakteri Escherichia coli
The Inhibitory Test of Ethanol Extract Saluang Belum Stem to Escherichia coli
Saluang Belum one of the herbal plants that have the benefits as a traditional medicine in Central Kalimantan. People in Central Kalimantan trusted Saluang Belum stem has an empirical benefit as a stamina enhancing agent and as an antioxidant. From previous research, Saluang Belum stem has a secondary metabolite that was saponin and tannin. Of these two secondary metabolites scientifically have pharmacological effects one of which was able to inhibit bacterial growth. To prove it in this research, the inhibitory test of ethanol extract of Saluang Belum stem from the growth of Escherichia coli bacteria. The inhibitory test method used in this study was the diffusion method using a variety of concentrations of 0.5%, 1%, 5%, 10%, and 15%. The result of this research, that there was no inhibition zone on the media used in all concentration. From these results can be concluded Saluang Belum stem ethanol extract unable to inhibit the growth of E. coli bacteria at concentrations of 0.5%, 1%, 5%, 10%, and 15%.
Clinical Laboratory Standart Institute. 2013. Performance Standart for Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing. Twentieth Information Supplement: USA.
Hariana, A.H. 2004. Tumbuhan Obat Dan Khasiatnya. Penebar Swadaya: Jakarta. Dalam Khadafi, A. 2016. Uji Identifikasi Farmakognostik Tumbuhan Sangkareho (Callicarpa longifolia Lam.) Asal Kalimantan Tengah. Karya Tulis Ilmiah. Universitas Muhammadiyah Palangkaraya. Palangkaraya.
Meira, R. 2014. Obat Herbal Tradisional. Universitas Muhammadiyah Semarang. Semarang.
Noorcahyati. 2012. Tumbuhan Berkhasiat Obat Etnis Asli Kalimantan. Balikpapan Kalimantan Timur: Balai Penelitian Teknologi Konservasi Sumber daya Alam: Balikpapan.
Nugroho, T. 2011. Asuhan Keperawatan Maternitas, Anak, Bedah, Penyakit Dalam. Muha Medika: Yogyakarta.
Oroh,S. B., Kandon, F. E. F., Pelealu, J. dan Pandiangan, D. 2014. Uji Daya Hambat Ekstrak Metanol Selaginella delicatula dan Diplazium dilatatum Terhadap Bakteri Staphylococcus aureus dan Escherichia coli. Jurnal Ilmiah Farmasi Universitas Sam Ratulangi. 3(2):2302-2493.
Sutarjadi, 1992. Tumbuhan Indonesia Sebagai Sumber Obat, Komestika dan Jamu. Prosiding Seminar dan Loka Karya Nasional Etnobotani. Fakultas Farmasi Universitas Airlangga. Surabaya.
Copyright (c) 2018 Rezqi Handayani, Nurul Qamariah, Saftaria Ayu Mardova
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors continue to retain the copyright to the article if the article is published in the Borneo Journal of Pharmacy. They will also retain the publishing rights to the article without any restrictions.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Any article on the copyright is retained by the author(s).
- The author grants the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share work with an acknowledgment of the work authors and initial publications in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of published articles of work (eg, post-institutional repository) or publish it in a book, with acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their websites) prior to and during the submission process, as can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material are distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.