Evaluation of Patient Satisfaction Towards Pharmacy Services at Hospital Outpatient Pharmacies in Padang
Patient satisfaction with the quality of pharmaceutical services is an essential indicator in the variety of health services in hospitals. Service quality is said to be enjoyable and satisfying if the services received are by or exceeding expectations. Otherwise, service quality is supposed to be inadequate or unsatisfactory if the service received is lower than expected. This study aims to determine the percentage level of patient satisfaction with pharmacy services at hospital outpatient pharmacies in Padang and to find out the pharmaceutical service system carried out by pharmacists on duty at hospital outpatient pharmacies that were located in Padang. This study used descriptive data collection. Satisfaction was assessed by giving questionnaires to respondents, and then the surveys were analyzed descriptively. Assessment of patient satisfaction was conducted by taking data through a poll of 100 respondents. Satisfaction analysis was carried out using a Likert scale, and then the data was displayed in the cartesian form.
Al-Quteimat, O.M., Amer, A.M. 2016. Evidence-based pharmaceutical care: The next chapter in pharmacy practice. Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal. 24(4):447-451.
Dan, Z., Xiaoli, H., Weiru, D., Li, W., Yue, H. 2016. Outpatient pharmacy optimization using system simulation. Procedia Computer Science. 91(2016):27-36.
Dargahi, H., Khosravi, S.H. 2010. Hospitals Pharmacy Quality Assurance System Assessment in Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran. Iranian Journal of Public Health. 39(4):102-113.
Government of the Republic of Indonesia. 2009. Law No. 44 about Hospitals.
Insani, S.D., Hakim, L., Widyaningrum, K. 2017. The Effect of Outpatient Pharmaceutical Service Quality on Patient Loyalty Through Patient Satisfaction of Karsa Husada General Hospital Batu. Jurnal Aplikasi Manajemen. 15(4):616-623.
Mulia, D.S. 2017. Tingkat Kepuasan Pasien Umum Rawat Jalan terhadap Kualitas Pelayanan Instalasi Farmasi RSUD Dr. Doris Sylvanus Palangka Raya. Jurnal Surya Medika. 2(2):40-48.
Supranto, J. 2001. Pengukuran Tingkat Kepuasan Pelanggan. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
Surur, A.S., Teni, F.S., Girmay, G., Moges, E., Tesfa, M., Abraha, M. 2015. Satisfaction of clients with the services of an outpatient pharmacy at a university hospital in northwestern Ethiopia: a cross-sectional study. BMC Health Services Research. 15:229.
Yang, S., Kim, D., Choi, H.J., Chang, M.J. 2016. A comparison of patients’ and pharmacists’ satisfaction with medication counseling provided by community pharmacies: a cross-sectional survey. BMC Health Services Research. 16:131.
Copyright (c) 2019 Sara Surya, Sefrianita Kamal, Lusia Eka Putri
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The Copyright article is given to authors without any restrictions.
Authors are also allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Any article on the copyright is retained by the author(s).
- The author grants the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share work with an acknowledgement of the work authors and initial publications in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into a separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of published articles of work (eg, post-institutional repository) or publish it in a book, with acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their websites) prior to and during the submission process, as can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License