- Writing is the result of research or review of critical analysis study in the field but not limited to Pharmacology-Toxicology, Pharmacognosy-Phytochemistry, Pharmaceutical, Analytical Pharmacy-Medicinal Chemistry, Natural Product Development, Clinical-Community Pharmacy, Management Pharmacy, and other Pharmacy aspects which have never been published in other scientific publication media.
- Manuscripts that have been published in the form of a preprint on several platforms such as arXiv, INA-RXiv, SSRN, and ResearchGate are welcome to publish.
- The manuscript is written in English with Book Antiqua font 10 pt, two-column, density 1.15 spaces, on A4 paper with a top-down margin of 2.5 cm and right-left margins 1.5 cm. Templates for Borneo Journal of Pharmacy are available HERE.
- The manuscript is typed with the MS-Word program using the provided template and saved in .doc or .docx format.
- The manuscript is typed strictly with the following rules:
a. The title, short and clear, written in English. The title length does not exceed 20 words.
b. Authors, listed without mention of title or degree, under the name including the affiliation and complete address, and email of the corresponding author. The author's name, which consists of one word, must be repeated twice for first and last names. To author with names of more than two words, the author's last name consists of only one word, the rest is written as the first name.
c. Abstract, written in English which is a summary of the article. The abstract is created in one paragraph and a maximum of 250 words with Book Antiqua font 9 pt, single column, and space 1. Points that must be listed in the abstract include the research objectives, methods, results, conclusions, and keywords. The number of keywords is between three and five keywords.
d. Introduction, contain background, reasons for the importance of underlying research or hypotheses, general approaches, and objectives of the research, and relevant literature review. The number of paragraphs not restricted but the contents must include background, objectives, positions on previous research, as well as the novelty of the research. The little theoretical basis which indirectly related to the contents of the article could be included without sub-chapters required. Citation is written in the form of the last name followed by the year of publication. If the author numbered two people, the last names of the two writers were written separated by the "&". Citation of more than one author written in "et al".
e. Methodology, Research method consists of 2 sub-chapters including materials and methods. If data analysis is specific, or the way of analysis is novel, then data analysis subchapter could be added. The sub-chapters are written without numbering or bullet.
f. Results and Discussion, at least contain three subjects (1) description of results, (2) interpretation or explanation of results, and (3) comparative of results with previous studies results. If the subchapters very length could be made sub-sub-chapters with Arabic numbering. Description of the results can be in the form of tables and figures with a serial number (Table uses a sequence of Roman numerals and placed at the top, while figures using Arabic numeric sequence and placed in the below).
g. Conclusion, made in a single paragraph without the citation contains the conclusion and suggestions for advanced research.
h. Acknowledgment, recognize those who have helped in the research, especially those who have financially supported your research. Include individuals who have assisted you in your study: advisors, financial supporters, or other supporters, i.e. Proofreaders, typists, and suppliers who may have provided materials. Do not recognize the names of one of the authors.
i. Conflict of Interest, should be as detailed as possible as provided in the ICMJE form as the standard authors' disclosures. Financial and personal relationships are easily identifiable, which may lead to bias in the work. The sources of funding for the work should be specifically described with explanations of the roles of those sources, and the authors should state that the sources of support do not participate in specific roles. The authors should state that the authors have access to all the studies and that the sponsors have not interacted with the data or the work. Conversely, if the authors do not have a conflict of interest, it may be expressly stated by the authors.
j. References, a list of recently selected topics is published last five years (minimum 75% of at least 10 references). The bibliography is written in alphabetical order chronologically without the serial number (Harvard System) with modified APA style (Do not use parentheses for years and use periods instead of commas) and suggested using a reference management application such as EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero, and other applications.
- All manuscripts must be submitted to the Borneo Journal of Pharmacy Editorial Office using the OJS 188.8.131.52 Online Submission Service at the following URL address: http://journal.umpalangkaraya.ac.id/index.php/bjop/submission/wizard), where the Author should first register as Author Role. If you have any problems with online submissions, please contact the Editorial Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. The cover letter outlines the basic findings of the paper and its significance should accompany the manuscripts submitted through the online submission interface.
- Four types of manuscripts are acceptable for publication: original research articles, short communication articles, review articles, and mini-review articles. Determination of the type of manuscript is determined by the authors based on the content of each manuscript, editors only continue to type the manuscript that has been chosen by the authors. The general difference between original research articles and short communication articles, and review articles with mini-review articles in general lies in the length and depth of the content of the manuscript.
- Figures are not submitted separately but are joined together with the submitted manuscript. The position of figures in the manuscript can be adjusted by copyediting editors depending on needs, and the authors must provide a clear identity for each figure. Ideally, the figures used have a minimum size of 500 × 800 pixels (height × width), with clear and sharp resolution so that they can be seen at 100% magnification.
- Guideline for Online Submission: The author should first register as an Author Role and may be offered as a Reviewer by the address http:/journal.umpalangkaraya.ac.id/ index.php/bjop/submission/wizard. Where a star marked form must be entered, the author should fill out the form as detailed as possible. After all the form textbox has been filled in, the Author clicks the "Register" button to proceed with the registration process. The Author is therefore sent to an online author submission interface where the Author should click on "Make a submission". In the Start New Submission section, click "'Make a new submission' to go to step one of the five-step submission process." Five steps in the online submission process are as follows:
a. Start, Select the appropriate section of the journal, i.e. Pharmacology-Toxicology, Pharmacognosy-Phytochemistry, Pharmaceutical, Analytical Pharmacy-Medicinal Chemistry, Natural Product Development, Clinical-Community Pharmacy, Management Pharmacy, or Special Issue. Thus, the author must checkmark on the submission checklists. An author should type or copy-paste the Covering Letter in Comments for the Editor.
b. Upload Submission, To upload a manuscript to this journal, click Browse on the Upload submission file item and choose the manuscript document file (.doc/.docx) to be submitted, then click the "Upload" button until the file has been uploaded. The cover letter and other supplementary files are also uploaded here.
c. Enter Metadata, In this step, the metadata authors' details should be entered including the marked corresponding author. Authors are strongly advised to complete the authors' identity including adding the correct ORCiD ID. After that, the manuscript title and abstract must be uploaded by copying the text and pasting in the textbox including keywords. Other required metadata is languages and references.
d. Confirmation, In this step, the author should finally check the uploaded manuscript documents. To submit a manuscript to the Borneo Journal of Pharmacy, click the Finish Submission button when the documents are true. The corresponding author or principal contact will receive an acknowledgment by e-mail and will be able to view the progress of the submission through the editorial process by logging in to the journal's website address.
e. Next Steps, Contains additional information for authors such as whether the authors want to make other submissions or return to the author's dashboard. After this submission, the Authors who submit the manuscript will automatically receive an email confirmation of the submission. Authors are therefore able to track their submission status at any time by logging in to the online submission interface. Submission monitoring includes the status of the Manuscript Review and Editorial Process.