Aims and Scope
Journal of Molecular Docking (J. Mol. Docking) is an international scientific journal managed by the Department of Pharmacy, Universitas Muhammadiyah Palangkaraya, and published two times a year (in June and December) onward June 2021 by Institute for Research and Community Services Universitas Muhammadiyah Palangkaraya, contains articles of original research and literature review in the field of pharmacy, chemistry, bioinformatics, and others using Molecular Docking Simulation as its main analysis method. Journal of Molecular Docking accepts scientific articles in the form of Original Research Articles, Short Communication, Literature Review, and Expert Opinion from anyone without any discrimination, as long as they submit articles that meet scientific principles. Several manuscript topics can be published in the Journal of Molecular Docking including but are not limited to:
- Potential Activity Screening of new chemical entities against one or more receptors with reference compounds.
- Consensus docking of the test ligands with more than two software.
- Inverse docking of the new chemical entity against multiple receptors.
- Blind docking for receptors whose catalytic side is unknown.
- Screening of secondary metabolites from plants and their derivatives against one or more receptors with reference compounds.
- Drug repurposing of compounds with known activity against new target receptors.
- Development of new methods and approaches for scoring and ranking of docking results.