Validitas Metode Real Time PCR GeneXpert pada Suspek TB Paru BTA Negatif di RSUD Dr. Doris Sylvanus
Validity of the Real Time PCR GeneXpert Method for Smear Negative Suspect Pulmonary TB in RSUD dr. Doris Sylvanus
Tuberculosis (TB) is an infectious disease caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Indonesia is one of the developing countries with high TB patients in the world. The most common detection used for TB diagnosis is sputum smear examination. Smear negative pulmonary TB still have a risk of infection and can develop into active. The GeneXpert molecular examination is a rapid diagnosis of TB by the real-time PCR method. The purpose of this study was to assess the validity of GeneXpert in smear-negative pulmonary TB compared to Lowenstein Jensen's culture. The design of this diagnostic test study is a cross-sectional study. The study was conducted on 40 people with smear-negative pulmonary TB suspect patients in Dr. Doris Sylvanus Regional Hospital. Sputum examination was performed with GeneXpert and compared with Lowenstein Jensen culture. The results of GeneXpert validity for diagnosing smear-negative pulmonary TB suspect are sensitivity 81.8%, specificity 96.5%, positive predictive value 90%, negative predictive value 93.3%, and accuracy 92.5%. It was concluded that GeneXpert has sensitivity, specificity, positive predictive value, negative predictive value, and high accuracy as a diagnostic tool in smear-negative pulmonary TB suspects.
2. World Health Organization. Global Tuberculosis Report 2019, Geneva; 2019.
3. Dinas Kesehatan Provinsi Kalteng, 2014. Profil Dinas Kesehatan Provinsi Kalimantan Tengah, Palangka Raya.
4. Direktorat Jenderal Pengendalian Penyakit dan Penyehatan Lingkungan. 2014. Pedoman nasional pengendalian tuberkulosis. Jakarta: Kementerian Kesehatan.
5. Lyanda A. Rapid TB test. Jurnal Tuberkulosis Indonesia. 2012;8:12-17.
6. Agrawal M, Bajaj A, Bhatia V, Dutt S. Comparative study of GeneXpert with ZN stain and culture in samples of suspected pulmonary tuberculosis. J Clin Diagnostic Res. 2016;10(5): 09-12.
7. Guenaoui K, Harir N, Ouardi A, Zeggai S, Sellam F, Bekri F, et al. Use of GeneXpert Mycobacterium tuberculosis/rifampicin for rapid detection of rifampicin resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains of clinically suspected multi-drug resistance tuberculosis cases. Ann Transl Med. 2016;4(9):168.
8. Cho SM, Shin S, Kim Y, Song W, Hong SG, Jeong SH, et al. A novel approach for tuberculosis diagnosis using exosomal DNA and droplet digital PCR. Clin Microbiol Infect. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cmi.2019.11.012
9. Agustina B, Kastasasmita C, Hilmanto D. Comparison of GeneXpert MTB to Mycobacterium tuberculosis culture in children with tuberculosis. Paediatrica Indonesiana. 2019. 59(3):113-8.
10. Okonkwo RC, Onwunzo MC, Chukwuka CP, Ele Pu, Anyabolu AE, Onwurah Ca, et al. The Use of the GeneXpert Mycobacterium tuberculosis/ Rifampicin (MTB/Rif) Assay in Detection of Multi-Drug Resistant Tuberculosis (MDRTB) in Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi, Nigeria J HIV Retrovirus. 2017. 3(1):1-5.
11. Dinnes J, Deeks J, Kunst H, Gibson A, Cummins E, Waugh N, et al. A systematic review of rapid diagnostic tests for the detection Health Technol Asses of tuberculosis infection. 2007. 11:1-96
12. Wulandari Y, Wiqoyah N, Mertaniasih NM. 2011.Nucleic acid amplification of the RPOB region of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in pulmonary tuberculosis diagnosis. Folia Medica Indonesiana. 47(4):224-229.
13. World Health Organization. 2011. Automated real-time nucleic acid amplification technology for rapid and simultaneous detection of tuberculosis and rifampicin resistance. 2011: Xpert MTB/RIF System.
14. Muñoz L, Moure R, Porta N, Gonzalez L, Guerra R, Alcaide F. GeneXpert® for smear – negative pulmonary tuberculosis: does it play a role in low-burden countries? Diagnostic Microbiology and Infectious Disease. 2013;75:325–6.
15. Riset Kesehatan Dasar. Badan Penelitian dan pengembangan kesehatan Kementerian RI tahun 2013.
16. Van Rie A, Page-Shipp L, Hanrahan CF, Schnippel K, Dansey H, Bassett J, et al. Point-of-care Xpert® MTB/RIF for smear-negative tuberculosis suspects at a primary care clinic in South Africa. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2013;17(3):368–72.
17. Tamhane A, Cheng P, Dobbs T, Mak S, Sar B, Kimerling ME. Predictors of smear-negative pulmonary tuberculosis in HIV-infected patients, Battambang, Cambodia. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2009;13(3):347–54.
Copyright (c) 2021 Silvani Permatasari, Vani Vrenika, Florence Felicia, Malasinta Malasinta, Ria Eriani, Ni Putu Saraswati, Mery Irayanti
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
All rights reserved. This publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording.