Workshop Perancangan dan Pelaksanaan Kegiatan Praktikum bagi Guru IPA di Kecamatan Nekamese
Workshop on Design and Implementation of Practical Activities for Science Teachers in Nekamese District
This program is carried out in the form of a workshop for science teachers in partner schools to overcome the problems experienced by partners namely science teachers in SMP N 2 Nekamese and SMP N 3 Nekamese especially in terms of carrying out practical activities. Based on the problems encountered, several stages carried out in this activity include providing necessary science materials (physics, chemistry, biology) to improve understanding of the basic concepts of science for science teachers in partner schools, Theory and practice of using KIT media Science (mechanics, hydrostatic and heat, electricity and magnetism, optics), theory and practice of designing simple science practice activities, theory and practice of developing a simple science lab tool then carried out mentoring in carrying out practical exercises in the learning process and finally the evaluation phase. The results obtained after this activity was carried out were an increase in teachers 'knowledge of the science concept in an integrated manner, an increase in teachers' understanding and skills in using KIT physics, simple experimental design, and the design of a simple science lab tool. Participants were quite enthusiastic in participating in this activity as seen from the enthusiasm of coming to participate in activities and dynamic discussions. During the activity and further discussions, there were other problems that the partners had, namely the lack of teachers' ability to develop IT-based learning media. This can be a reference for future activities to realize a more varied and enjoyable learning process
Laursen, S., Liston, C., Thiry, H., & Graf, J. 2007. What Good Is a Scientist in the Classroom? Participant Outcomes and Program Design Features for a Short-Duration Science Outreach Intervention in Kâ€“12 Classrooms. CBE: Life Sciences Education. 6(1):49-64.
Millar, R. 2004. The role of practical work in the teaching and learning of science. York: University of York.
Saleh, M. 2012. Pembelajaran Kooperatif dengan Pendekatan Pendidikan Matematika Realistic (PMR). Jurnal Serambi Ilmu. 13(2):51-59.
Septiana, N., Rohmadi, M., Nasir, M., Nastiti, L.R., Usmiyatun, & Riswanto. 2018. Kesulitan Guru IPA SMP/MTs Mengajarkan Ipa Terpadu di Kalimantan Tengah. Edu Sains: Jurnal Pendidikan Sains dan Matematika. 6(1):1-11.
Sunguya, B.F., Hinthong, W., Jimba, M., & Yasuoka, J. 2014. Interprofessional Education for Whom? â€” Challenges and Lessons Learned from Its Implementation in Developed Countries and Their Application to Developing Countries: A Systematic Review. PLoS One. 9(5):e96724.
Syamsu, F.D. 2017. Pengembangan Penuntun Praktikum IPA Berbasis Inkuiri Terbimbing untuk Siswa SMP Siswa Kelas VII Semester Genap. Bionatural: Jurnal Ilmiah Pendidikan Biologi. 4(2):13-27.
Quillin, K. & Thomas, S. 2015. Drawing-to-Learn: A Framework for Using Drawings to Promote Model-Based Reasoning in Biology. CBE: Life Sciences Education. 14(1):es2.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Any article on the copyright is retained by the author(s).
- Author grant the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share work with acknowledgment of the work authors and initial publications in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into a separate, additional contractual arrangements for non-exclusive distribution of published articles of work (eg, post-institutional repository) or publish it in a book, with acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their websites) prior to and during the submission process, as can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License