Pelatihan Metode Membaca SQ3R untuk Siswa Madrasah Tsanawiah Raudhatusyubban
SQ3R Reading Method Training for Tsanawiah Raudhatusyubban Madrasah Students
This service aims to increase reading interest in tsanawiah madrasah students or equivalent to junior high schools (SMP) with SQ3R reading techniques that can be applied in reading textbooks. The method of activities used in this service in the form of training/workshops and training results are simulated directly to each student through stages (1) Survey (2) Questions/questions (3) Read/read (4) Recite/Recall/Repeat/Retell and (5) Review/review/review. The trainees were 26 students from Tsanawiah Raudhatusyuban Madrasah and involved two teachers. The results of this service show that the reading ability of students of the Tsanawiah madrasah or equivalent to junior high school is still deficient so that the existence of reading training with the SQ3R method is expected to increase students' interest and reading skills.
Dalman. 2014. Keterampilan Membaca. Jakarta: Raja Grafindo Persada.
Ekadini, L. & Rukmini, D. 2018. Cognitive and Structure-Proposition-Evaluation Strategies in Teaching TOEFL Reading Comprehension to High Low Motivated Students. English Education Journal. 8(3):308-316.
Hapsari, A.E. 2017. Penerapan Model Pembelajaran Kooperatif Tipe Numbered Heads Together Berbantuan Media Interaktif Untuk Meningkatkan Aktivitas dan Prestasi Belajar Siswa. SCHOLARIA: Jurnal Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan. 7(1):1-9.
Hidayat, N., Suyanto, I., Susiani, T.S. 2018. Penggunaan Metode SQ3R dalam Peningkatan Pemahaman Membaca Cerita Anak pada Siswa Kelas V SD Negeri Jatimalang. Kalam Cendekia: Jurnal Ilmiah Kependidikan. 6(4):1-5.
Muchtar, N. & Irmawati. 2017. Penerapan Metode SQ5R (Survey, Question, Read, Recite, Record, Review, Reflect) untuk Meningkatkan Keterampilan Membaca Teks Bahasa Inggris. IDEAS: Journal on English Language Teaching and Learning, Linguistics and Literature. 5(1):1-19.
Serdyukov, P. 2017. Innovation in education: what works, what doesnâ€™t, and what to do about it? Journal of Research in Innovative Teaching & Learning. 10(1):4-33.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Any article on the copyright is retained by the author(s).
- Author grant the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share work with acknowledgment of the work authors and initial publications in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into a separate, additional contractual arrangements for non-exclusive distribution of published articles of work (eg, post-institutional repository) or publish it in a book, with acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their websites) prior to and during the submission process, as can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License